Prepare your home for Spring Storms!
Spring has sprung in Michigan, which means we get to celebrate the fact that we won’t have to deal with snow for a long, long time! (Hopefully--you just never know in Michigan!) However, we will have to deal with thunderstorms and the possible water damage they may cause in our Grand Rapids Michigan homes or commercial properties. Here are a few ways you can prevent water damage or flood damage in your home or business this spring!
- Regularly Check on your sump pump to ensure it can remove water at a sufficient pace during heavy rainfall.
- Make sure you have digital copies of all your important documents in case they get wet or destroyed.
- Inspect your basement windows by making sure they are properly sealed and caulked. This greatly reduces the chances of rainwater entering your home! If your basement windows have seen better days, consider getting them replaced. Newer windows generally have stronger and longer lasting seals.
- If your Grand Rapids Michigan home or business is in an area where flood risks are high, consider purchasing sandbags! If water is approaching your home or business, sandbags can prevent water from coming in low basement windows or doorways.
- If you still end up with water damage or flood damage this spring, don’t panic! SERVPRO of North East Grand Rapids/ Ionia & Montcalm counties is here to help! We are available 24/7 to meet your emergency water damage or flood damage restoration needs!